You're special to God
A study of the Bible, the Word of God, and the lessons at biblelessons.online show us that we are special to God.
Making a statement such as this raises a number of questions which we seek to summarise answers to below with references to some lessons and Bible verses.
Who is God?
- God is the Supreme Being who designed and created the Universe.
- God is a SPIRIT.
- God knows everything.
- God is all-powerful.
- God is holy and just.
- God is love.
More information can be found in the Bible at: Genesis 1, Proverbs 15 and John 4
Why am I special to God?
- God made you and provides every good thing you have.
- There is a part of you which is like Himself.
- He loves you dearly and wants you to love Him in return
- You are so special that He sent Jesus to tell you of His love.
More information can be found in the Bible at: Genesis 1, John 3 and Romans 5
Who is Jesus?
- His title is, “the Lord Jesus Christ”.
- He is part of the Supreme Being called God.
- He is the Son of God.
- All that is said and written about God describes Jesus.
- As Jesus is also a spirit, He came to earth as a man and died because of sin.
More information can be found in the Bible at: John 10, Philippians 2 and Hebrews 1
What is sin?
- Sin is an attitude which prevents people from loving God.
- Everyone is born with this attitude.
- Unless it is changed there will be disaster.
- We cannot change this attitude ourselves.
- Only God can and this will happen if we become Christians.
More information can be found in the Bible at: Genesis 3, Romans 3 and Revelation 20
What will happen if I become a Christian?
- You will receive God’s free gift of everlasting life immediately.
- You will become a member of God’s family.
- You will have a place reserved in Heaven.
- You will have a new and permanent relationship with God.
- You will discover new ways to enjoy a more satisfying life.
More information can be found in the Bible at: John 1, John 5 and Romans 8
How can I become a Christian?
- By believing that you are special to God.
- By accepting that Jesus died to deal with your sin attitude.
- By repenting – changing you mind about God and your way of life.
- By asking God for forgiveness and giving Him your thanks.
- By reading the Bible to find out God’s plan for your life.
More information can be found in the Bible at: Isaiah 43, Romans 10 and Ephesians 1.