Have you ever gazed up at the stars and wondered where did they come from?
We will tell you-God made them! The first book in the Bible tells us that God created all things.
The word “create” means to bring something into existence without the use of any material. Only God could create. We read,
“In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.” Genesis 1 vs. 1
• God created the sun and the moon
• He created the stars that twinkle in the night, some of these stars or planets are much bigger than the earth!
• God created the world we live in; hills, rivers, lakes and seas.
• He created the clouds that bring us rain.
• He created the trees and beautiful flowers.
• God also created the great fish and whales which swim in the ocean. Such a great variety of fish exists from the biggest to the smallest.
• God created the birds in their great diversity. The eagle with its talons and the little humming bird.
• God created land animals in such majestic and varied forms. The lions which roar on the African plains and the little mice hiding in our house roofs. He created gigantic African elephants and also created tiny squirrels. He created horses, cows, sheep, pigs and goats. In short, God created all animals.
God commanded all His creatures to multiply “according to their kind.” This means that God wanted every creature to reproduce offspring that were similar to itself. The horse would give birth to a foal. A cow would give birth to a calf and so it would go on and on. The offspring would grow up to be like its parent. That is, it will be of the same type.
What about us humans? Where do we come from?
That is a good question. We are different from other creatures. God made us! The Bible says, “…It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; we are His people…” Psalms 100 vs. 3
God made the first man with the dust of the ground. His name was Adam. God then made Adam a beautiful wife called Eve. Adam and Eve were therefore made “in the image of God.” The Bible teaches us that, “So God created man in His own image…”. Genesis 1 vs. 27
You can see that we are so special. One thing that makes us special is the fact that we can know God. Other animals cannot know God, but you and I can. We can know God, we can love God and we can speak to God through prayer.
The most amazing thing about us is this – we have been created in such a way that God can live in us. It is true. God can come and dwell in our hearts.
When God created Adam and Eve, He placed them in a wonderful garden in which to live. There were many sweet fruit bearing trees and an ever flowing river which made its way across the garden. Adam and Eve had everything they could ever need to make them happy.
The greatest thing of all was this – God Himself came down every day to visit Adam and his wife Eve. Everyday God walked and talked with them. How happy they must have been!
At the completion of His work of creation, God looked at everything He had created and He saw that it was “very good.”
What was the purpose of creating all these things?
God created all things for His glory!
The Bible reads,
“You are worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power; For You created all things, And by Your will they exist and were created.” Revelation 4 vs. 11
Now, here is a question. In all the amazing things that were created by God, what does He love the most?
God loves people. He loves us more than all of His creation! In His greatness and majesty, He knows each and every one of us.
He knows you and He loves you.
You are very important as far as God is concerned than all the earth. How wonderful is that!
IMPORTANT POINT OF NOTE:
• God created all things. He knows me and He loves me
Now, once you have finished reading this lesson and you are sure to have understood it, click on the link below and answer the quiz questions. Your answers will be graded automatically and you will receive feedback on which answers you got right and which answers you answered incorrectly.
Lessons and quizzes can be completed without registering, but if you wish to track your progress and receive a Certificate of Completion, you must firstly Register and Log In. Use of BibleLessons.Online is completely free.